Monday, October 31, 2011

First in what?



In my family, if you walked in screaming you got first in your 100 meters sprint event (or anything else besides good academic results? You will certainly hear a retort of “If only you got first in your exams!”) My brothers and I grew up to be fairly healthy adults. 

Got me thinking this morning, what do we strive to be first in? Wealthiest, biggest house, latest gadget, best schools for the kids, most expensive car.

Being first is good. But being first in what?

When was the last time you strive to be first in compassion, loving-kindness, generosity, effort, focus, concentration, discipline, good manners?

Seems to me we strive to conquer the world with the wrong things.

Maybe it’s time we race each other on things that matter.

What would you want to be last in?

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com

No comments:

Post a Comment